Been a minute guys but I’m back without another foodie post. In a way, I think that’s what my blog is beginning to look like *shrugs* oh well! I guess I can call myself a foodie now LOL!!!
Before I give you the dish of the dish, see what I did there? :), let me fill you in on what’s been happening. School has taken its toll on me and honestly, after this post, i’ll be going back to finish my assignments; I mean, who ever said grad school would be easy right?
Enough with the talk and back to this bowl of deliciousness with a beety side sip.
What you’ll need:
- Pre-cooked shrimps
- Bacon (optional)
- Beet greens ( first time trying this)
- Habanero pepper aka Atarodo (the joy of finding this in obodo oyibo ehn!)
- Spices of choice but I used knorr, adobo, and salt
- Pre-boil your fettuccine and drain.
- In a pan, put in your oil to heat and sautee your shrimps and bacon with a little of your spices as bacon is salty and set aside.
- In another pan (i obviously love pans as it helps me with portion control), heat some oil, add your chopped onions, garlic, and habanero pepper.
- Add your diced tomatoes and allow to fry so as to fade out that tomato juice taste.
- Throw in your already chopped veggies (kale, beet greens, and spinach) and stir fry.
- Add your shrimp and bacon mix and spices if required.
- Finally, throw in your drained Fettucine and mix it up..
- Voila!!!! its time to plate up
Beety Side Sip Smoothie:
- 1 mid-size beetroot chopped
- A handful of seedless grapes
- 2 kiwi fruits
- liquid base of choice, I used green tea
- Blend all together and refrigerate. Yum!!!
Hope you give this a try, till next post