It’s another weekend with a new recipe post. It beginning to feel like ive left out other interest but I’m working on those too. If you’re catholic/Christian, you know this week has been building up for Easter Sunday tomorrow. what changes have you made? Are you still the same before the lenten season began? I came out with a few adjustments to how I live my life and the most important is to stop overthinking things and enjoy the little things in life. I know it’s easier said than done but it’s an attitude that has to begin somehow.
Okay! moving on to the recipe. I actually saw this on allrecipes.com and decided to try it since I no longer what to buy from the store. Basically, i used the same ingredients but decided to add 1/2 a cup of whole milk.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder (here)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar ( i skipped this because I’m trying to limit too much sugar)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- white chocolate chips
- dark chocolate
- preheat oven to 350°F. line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it.
- Sift flour, matcha, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, and white sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer until blended; beat in egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy (i don’t have an electric mixer so I went old school with a wooden spoon and mixed manually)
- Mix flour mixture into creamed mixture until dough is just blended
- Divide batter with chocolate chips folded in one and the other one plain to top with dark chocolate.
- Drop cookie dough, 1 heaping tablespoon per cookie, onto the prepared baking sheet 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 to 3 minutes, transfer to a rack or a chopping board like me and allow to cool completely.
Till next post,