I know it almost feels like I never left right??? Hopefully, thats how you feel. So let’s get into something fishy as I’ve been dying to try out some grilled tilapia since I got to the states. This is my first time trying this and I think I went too extra with the marinade, oh well! P.s I eyeballed the ingredients used.
- Ginger paste
- chopped garlic
- crushed pepper flakes
- habanero pepper
- olive oil
- Cameroon pepper
- knorr cubes
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- I added a dash of five spice for no reason lol! (it’s been in my spice cabinet)
- seasoned salt
- some drops of soy sauce
- mix them all up (that was easy right?)
see what I mean by extra!!!
- transfer the fish to a foil (already cleaned and scaled)
- make your serrations, I like it to touch the bone for no absolute reason except that the marinade gets into the fish I think!
- slather both sides generously
- wrap it up into a pocket, I used two layers of foil & left it to marinade overnight in the fridge
- preheat oven to 350º F
- I placed the foil directly on the grill rack and a baking pan on the next rack beneath it in case there was some oil spill which didn’t happen 🙂
- let it cook properly for 30-40 mins
- serve with any side dish of your choice. mine was rice and slaw
Please like, comment and try this out.
till next post,