Welcome to April! I know right??? Where has she been?? I’m so sorry but I’ve been swamped with school and I have my procrastinations creeping in again ugh! Anyways this is more like a catch-up post and I’ll try to shut up and give you guys the deets.
So what did you guys do for spring break? I finally decided to leave Bowling Green, KY for Orlando, FL. This trip was so worth it and I would probably be going back again but with better planning. My visit to Florida was so last minute and thank God for my friends that we made it happen. S/O to you guys!!!!
With this experience, I’ll be giving you a few tips on how to make the most of your vacation.
- Tip #1: Plan ahead especially when it pertains to transportation and accommodation. Gas isn’t cheap but a road trip is always fun compared to expensive flight tickets except you find a cheap one. If you would love to stay in a hotel, book directly with them and earlier to avoid extra charges but if you end up like we did, getting our hotel late, try out some hotel booking sites like trivago that might save you some money with coupons (that college budget ya known *wink*). For a group, I would suggest an Airbnb, more cost effective.
- Tip #2: Make sure you have a reasonable budget that includes food, parking, tickets to places you want to visit, memorabilia etc. Like in our case, we stopped over at a Burlington store in Orlando and trust me coming back to BG became annoying because we don’t have one 🙁
- Tip #3: Pack light but still try to get everything you need and do not forget your phone charger. You could check out Pinterest for ideas, it kinda saves you the stress of packing what you don’t need.
- Tip #4: If you’re traveling outside the country, have copies of your necessary documents ie passport, school id, visa etc. Within the US, your school ID could save you a few bucks at some places as everyone knows you’re on a budget.
- Tip #5: The most important of all!!! Make sure you’re with the right crowd and everyone is 100% bent on having a blast! No Debbie downers allowed.
Now that we have that out of the way, here are some photos and trust me we took ALOT!!!
PS we got to see a rocket launch at Cocoa beach. How cool??? If you have ideas on where’s affordable for travel, please let me know.
Till my next post..