HAPPY NEW MONTH!!!! I know I’ve been away for a long while and I apologize. How have you guys been? If you don’t know I’m almost rounding up my master’s program and it has been taking its toll on me.
Anyways, I’ve been thinking about adding another category to the blog and it will have to do with trying out recipes from Pinterest, food bloggers or magazines; depending on how adventurous my fingers are willing to commit. I’ve tried out some recipes if you follow me on Instagram and I thought why not make it a part of the blog??? plus you get to see the photography side of me too.
If you would like that, please drop a comment below.
To kick start, I will be trying out a waffle recipe I found on Pinterest courtesy of chewoutloud. Now this waffle to my surprise doesn’t need any maple syrup slathering except you have a sweet tooth, its just perfect and fluffy on the inside.
I’ll attach a link to the recipe here but mind you I switched it up a tiny bit.
Now lets get into it..
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cinnamon (my twist)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 2 large eggs
Now let’s make some waffles
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, and baking powder and mix together.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs, then add the milk, butter, and vanilla and mix well.
- Next, add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Let the batter rest 10 minutes while you preheat the waffle iron.
- Cook waffles in heated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions until golden brown.
- You can top it off with some maple syrup or fruits but I had mine with bacon 🙂
Would you try this recipe?
Till next post..