Hope you’re having the best times this holiday season? I definitely have with a tad bit of FOMO. This is the second year in a row that I’m missing out spending the holidays with my family and sometimes it just gets overwhelming.
Anyways, I’ve decided to curate a “to-do” list of sorts for 2018. To be honest there were a few things I had in mind to achieve 2017 but I didn’t have them penned down, so I can’t say for sure that I actually achieved any goals this year and that is why the first thing on my list is to;
1. Get a notebook and write down my goals for 2018: I believe in visuals and if I put something down, there’s a higher chance of me actually doing it. A few goals that I have set is to create more content and have a schedule for the blog (consistency is key), network more (get to know more bloggers too) because I can be somewhat a homebody, learn to drive (I know!!! don’t judge!), get some collaborations with brands ( I foresee beauty/ black owned and Ankara) and up my fitness goals.
2. Save money: Online stores are my weakness especially since I discovered tall brands for winter wear but I am definitely aiming to splurge less and so should you. Make a monthly budget to help achieve this.
3. Get rid of stuff you don’t use anymore: I have been decluttering lately and trust me, the things I have been holding on to are just ridiculous. When I recently came to US, I thrifted a lot to save cost but some of those items were just useless after a wash or two i.e. shrinkage, excessive lint etc. There are also apps like poshmark, mercari, depop and eBay where you can sell stuff you don’t need anymore that are still in good condition or better still donate them to charities.
4. Communicate more with family & friends: This is very important, maybe because I’m far way from my family but there’s nothing more than being in contact with the people you love. Remember, time moves by so quickly and there are endless means available. I got to video chat with my grandma and that was the highlight this year, just seeing her beautiful smile and knowing she was ok made everything better.
5. Travel: It could be to the next city or town close to you and if you can afford going to another country, why not? It’s always fun visiting new places and making memories. You could do it alone or go with a bunch of friends. Now that I mentioned it, I’m in the market for #squadgoals LOL.
6. Prioritize: Be it friends, relationships or work! Make time for what matters most and never forget birthday dates of the people who matter to you.
7. Feed your body: This could be having a skincare (I’m trying something new next year, so look out for that post) or haircare routine, drinking more water, meditation, spontaneous exercise choices, reading mental boosting books, etc. The list is endless.
8. Release that inner child: I used to have someone who always complained about me making weird faces just for the fun it and I started acting all “mature” after that but that wasn’t me and thank God for snapchat and seeing babies, the goofy face is back! I’m also one of those people who just start dancing on the street because I can! YOLO!
9. Drop a bad habit: We all have bad habits and I for one would love to kick procrastination to the curb and stop complaining! What’s your bad habit?
10. Last one I promise! LOVE yourself: I turned 27 this month and recently like every other birthday for the past three years, I just get bummed at how fast I’m getting old and how my “plans” haven’t aligned yet. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way but in all the chaos LOVE you! because nobody can love you the way you do. Love the you that you are now, you only see him/her this one time.
I know this was super lengthy and let me honest, so unplanned but I hope you pick a few things and take them along with you to the new year. Are there things you have on your 2018 “to-do” list that didn’t make it here?
Feel free to share in the comment box below.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! It’s 2018….